Thursday 5 April 2012

Tim Holtz April tag take two

Well, yesterdays tag went in the bin ! I hated it and don`t even know what I was thinking of. Everything I craft at the moment seems to take me more than one attempt as it turns out a disaster Lol. Fresh attempt today and it was completely back to the drawing board. I used weathered wood and iced spruce distress inks for all the colouring. The script stamp and harlequin are both from Hero Arts, the bird is from Chocolate Baroque. The frame was a freebie from some craft magazine that I`ve had for ever. I did use distress embossing powder over the harlequin pattern but am still not convinced I like this product. The bird was stamped onto grunge paper and blinged up a bit with sakura gel pens. I`m much happier with this attempt, hope you all agree with me. x Lavinia

2 comments:

  1. I do like this tag and the colours are really restful. All in all I think this is better than the 'binned' one. I must say I've never tried distress embossing powder, maybe I should get some and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of distress embossing powder myself :O Can't believe I said that out loud lol

    ReplyDelete