Saturday 28 April 2012

ATC

The challenge over at the Stampotique challenge blog which you can find here is to make an ATC. Now I must admit initially my heart sank as I have given up on making these as I felt I am so usless at them. I don`t know what it is that I find so hard, it could be the small scale of them. Often the stamps I want to use don`t translate to such small a piece of card. However, I feel I`m in a bit of a crafting rut at the moment so decided to just bite the bullet and go with it. My other Stampotique monster has come out to play today. In fact I only have four Stampotique stamps in total Lol, something I feel I need to remedy because they are really quirky which I love. I kept things really simple. I used distress inks in tumbled glass, then broken china over a crafters workshop chicken wire template. A small piece of paper found in my scraps box to ground him. The monster was coloured in with copic markers. Now if I had brains I really would be dangereous. Why ? because it has only just occured to me that you can go into the word program on the computer and type whatever phrase you need DUH !!! so thats just what I did, choosing my font and size. I also choose blue rather than black to tone in with the background. Why on earth didn`t this occur to me sooner ? saves phaffing arround trying to find the right size letters to use on things. So there you go, one ATC. Think I should go off and try some more now. Its still black and raining outside here. Definate crafting weather. Thanks for looking x Lavinia

11 comments:

  1. Brilliant monster - definitely cute and not too scary. I struggle with ATCs as well and I think it's because I find the small size a bit restricting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww he's cute :) super atc !
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny and fabulous ATC! Thanks for joining us at SDC 53.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great ATC Lavinia. The little monster is quite cute in a weird sort of way.Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  5. BRILLIANT! Atc :-) Thank you for joining Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab ATC Lavinia you should definately make some more! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab! Love the colours and it really made me smile. Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colors and love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at SDC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi There Lavinia, Your ATC is great, simply done is often best! You used gorgeous colours and I love your sentiment, it really made me smile, Gay xx

    ReplyDelete