Monday 5 December 2011

tims 12 tags of christmas tag #2

oooh two posts in two days lol. Am still lagging behind though. Tag two caused me to improvise heavily. First problem was I had kraft resist card although not the christmas version but no method of getting it white. I would have used gesso if I had any, did think about using white watercolour paint which in hindsight think would have worked better. I ended up using Ranger white opal liquid pearls brushed over the whole tag. It does still show the resist through but I would not really recomend it, I ended up sanding some of it back and course had trouble sticking things to it !. I used velvet paper to die cut my deer and Ranger foil for my border at the bottom of the tag run through a cuttlebug embossing border then coloured with alcohol inks. The tag still looked really bare so I used epoxy stickers to spell Noel and added a Hero Arts ponissettia embellishment to the top left hand corner.The bell with red ribbon was recyled from one of those well known chocolate teddies !, knew it would come in useful. Now I just need to catch up with tags three to five so watch this space. x Lavinia

1 comment:

  1. Well done with tag 2 - you're still ahead of me and I'll be watching out for more

    ReplyDelete