Friday 23 September 2011

jff challenge more than four sides

Finally I`m back ! although life is certainly not back to normal. My husband had a motorbike accident about a week ago. Thankfully he is not too badly injured - one broken rib, broken collarbone which has been plated and screwed and a broken shoulderblade. However, he will now be off of work for at least the next six weeks and there was me thinking once the girls went back to school I would be able to fit in a bit more crafting Lol. I cannot remember the last time I joined with with the challenge over at Jff which you can find here. However, I have managed to make it this week and the challenge is more than four sides. I`ve had this home sweet home stamp set from Chocolate Baroque for a little while now. Ditto the little wooden frame blank I have used which has been sat there waiting to be decorated for ages. I painted the frame with Paper Artsy fresco paint and used the crackle glaze on the top part for contrast. The main image was stamped and coloured with coloursoft pencils. I really like these as they are really soft and creamy. I`ve promised middle daughter she can have it for her room but I now need to make another one for the youngest. Its nice to make something different from cards though for a change. Hopefully I will be able to join with a few more challenges in future fingers crossed. x Lavinia

7 comments:

  1. Hello! gosh poor OH poor you hope he is a good patient. Great card love the picture framed. Thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project - those home sweet home stamps are so versatile. Interesting sky effect

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a great little house Lavinia :) and love the colouring. Thanks for coming back to Just for Fun
    You can always depend on a man to throw a spanner in the works lol hope he's on the mend soon
    Take care Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful house frame Lavinia.love the colours,the Fresco paints are lovely to work with,they dry so quick.Hope your husband is soon on the mend.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Lavinia. I like the way you have coloured the background/sky, and the house shaped frame sets it off so well. I like to use the Coloursoft pencils for colouring too.I hope your Husbands' bones are mending quickly and that you find a bit more time to craft. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your husbands accident, hope hes soon on the road to recovery.
    Lovely card the colours are fab, thats a great image. Hope you get back to lots of crafting very soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful project. Hope hubby has quick recovery.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete