Thursday 3 March 2011

3 squares



This is my entry for a new challenge blog called simply less is more. Its been running for a few weeks but I`ve only just discovered it so this is my first entry. The theme is 3 squares. Of course my mind being what it is, that made me think of when I was at school and you used to call people a `square`. It meant they were a bit staid and boring really. So, I decided to do a masculine take on the theme rather than pretty pretty. I discovered that although I have lots of stamps of ladies, I have hardly any of men Lol. I found this stamp in a set that came from Oxford Impressions. He looks quite staid, I thought. Its one of those photo realistic stamps and I had forgotten how hard it is to get a good impression from them. I wanted to use sepia ink and was using versafine but it just wouldn`t play ball. I ended up going with a black and white theme and used Ranger archival ink in black to get the best impressions I could. A strip of background paper behind the three images on a white card and that was it - done. Hope you like my take on the theme, thanks for looking x Vinny

7 comments:

  1. Welcome Vinny!
    This is an interesting take on 'squares' in your rectangles!
    It's surprising how differently different inks react, some are good for fine stamps and some are greater coverage! This looks pretty good to me!
    Thanks for joining us and we'll hopefully see you again next week!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humorous and clever take on the theme. Great stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Less is More
    Striking card, to have made him square, you;d have had to cut his hand off, that would hurt lol
    Hope to see you again
    mandi
    "LEss is more"

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great take on the 'squares' theme - you are right we used to use that word to describe that sort of person too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your play on words with this card, and the stamp is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm lovong your take on this theme he certainly is one of the people we would have called 'A Square'. Great stamping and fun card. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent, I love what you did with this, fabulous and i remember the term 'square' hehe. Great work and love your blog
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete