Wednesday 16 February 2011

bah humbug challenge #6 doilies


Ok, well the challenge this week over at bah humbug was doilies. Doilies ? I thought. Well, I didn`t have any at home and the local supermarket didn`t have any either so what to do. I`ve had to cheat or improvise , however you want to look at it. I did have a lace and glitter kit which consists of double sided sticky backed paper, glitter and some pieces of lace. I used the largest size of my nestabilities to cut the circle from the sticky backed paper, adhered it to the card, laid the piece of lace on top then added the dark blue glitter. After peeling off the lace I then added the white glitter to complete the doily effect. The bird is die cut using a sizzex die set. I cannot believe this card has no stamping whatsoever, thats just not normally me. However, I`m quite pleased with the overall effect and it took far less time than it would take me when stamping. Thanks for looking x Vinny

4 comments:

  1. That is a bit different and well done for improvising when you couldn't find any doilies - shows initiative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Giddy Aunt! What a fantastic way to create your own doily - it looks absolutely wonderful and I bet it sparkles beautifully in real life. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cool and very clever indeed. Love it and I bet in real life it's even better.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete